Here are the Top 10 Divorce Myths and Questions.
Aside from the questions below, we also talk about what is unreasonable behaviour – a question often asked by couples going through divorce.
- Prenuptial agreements are only for clients who are high net worth?
- Quickie divorce – Can my divorce be completed in less than a month?
- If we get divorced will the court force me to sell my business?
- When trying to sort out a divorce will I get a better settlement if I am aggressive and positional with what I am seeking?
- Am I automatically entitled to spousal maintenance?
- Do I need evidence for my divorce to be approved for unreasonable behaviour?
- Can the court force me to sell the former matrimonial home?
- If my spouse does not sign the divorce papers can I still obtain a divorce from the court?
- Do we have to go to court to sort out the financial settlement?
- The children are already suffering because of the divorce I don’t want them to go to court as this will be too much for them.
Austin Chessell is a Professional Practice Consultant (PPC) at FAMIA across Inner and Greater London.
Austin is also a Collaborative Family Solicitor at Feltons Solicitors and is a member of the Collaborative Pod group Essex Family Solutions.